Baby Four Months Left for Your Baby to Turn Two...

Abbey

Baby Community Member
Katılım
18 May 2022
Mesajlar
En iyi cevaplar
Tepki puanı
Puanları
Yaş
Konum
U.K.
146AE7EC-DB1B-48AB-8AAC-A993DEE39D82.jpeg

It's almost time for your baby to turn 2 years old.

During this period, we can expect your baby to show familiar objects when asked, to name more than three parts of his body on his own and repeat when you name them, to start saying short meaningful words by combining words, to be able to say the names of rooms or main furniture in the house or to name them when you show a picture of him and to say the names of the objects he hears. . However, there are children who are still behind in language development despite reaching the age of two.
In this case, we recommend that you pay attention to whether your child makes eye contact, check whether there is a hearing problem and focus on language development studies.

I Use My Hands Better Now...

Building cube towers can be one of your 21-month-old's favorite activities. Now he can start to wear some of his clothes himself. If possible, you will be able to speed up this process if you choose large-buttoned and loose-fitting clothes.

Continue Exploring...

Your child may still be very active during this period. As we have repeatedly repeated recently, this activity means a very enjoyable exploration and rapid motor muscle development period for your child, but on the other hand, it can be dangerous because he is not fully aware of the dangers yet. At this stage, the right security measures and the right limitations and discipline issues come to the fore.
The Struggle for Independence

As your child approaches the age of two, it is quite normal to see a little more aggressive behavior in terms of being independent and proving himself. As your child gets active, you will start to set certain limits in terms of safety and internalization of some rules and behaviors. As your child gets stronger both cognitively and communicates with you, he will begin to understand these boundaries better and test them in parallel with his desire for independence. Some of these tests may push your patience limits or end up with your child's tantrums. Although such behaviors are observed in childhood at the age of two and later, there is a possibility that they can be observed earlier in some children. (In some, it may never be observed with this clarity). That's why it's good to be ready.

Testing Authority

First of all, never forget this! 0-3 years old is a period when your children unconsciously listen to their teachers. Sometimes, no matter what you do, there may be a resistance to what you say or a situation of "not giving a fuck" about what you say. But this is not a conscious behavior. During this period, your child does not act in any way to make you angry or to oppose your authority. He is just trying to learn and is looking for answers to questions such as "What can I do, which is not the real limit, and how much can I stretch the boundaries" (Of course, his questions are not this complicated; he is just experimenting that if I do this, my mother will be angry or not. Once the limit is set, no. It is important not to punctuate this no. The important thing is to be clear and consistent about the boundaries or what is being said.

Being a Role Model

What body language you use is as important as what you say when giving a message to your child or setting a limit. In addition, the best thing you can do is to be a role model for him by first showing the behaviors you want from him. If you want your child not to eat sweets or eat vegetables and fruits, but if you follow a diet based on sweet and carbohydrate consumption, such messages will have no meaning. At the same time, your child learns the biggest lesson in everything such as being organized, behaving well to others, thanking or obeying the traffic rules, by watching your behavior. In short, your "role model" responsibility is quite high.

Üst